Saturday, August 19, 2006

A Place That Defined Me

Couple of weeks back, I had been to Pune University Computer Science Department on behalf of my company. Now, this place is very close to my heart. I strongly believe that this place made me, whatever little I am today. The education is by far the best one can get..move over the IITs. Maybe I am attached to this place, because this was the first time I stayed away from any of my nearest kin. Not just education, this place helped me realise about myself.

It was a great moment when I went back after all these years. I reached the place around 4pm on Friday. Some of the professors who taught me are still around. And what else, they remember you. It was fantastic. Our company threw a party to all students (all three batches).

The next day there was the yearly Rajmachi trek. Now, this is a 13km trek to the Rajmachi fort, and back. The trek started greatly.But, it soon took a turn to the miserable. There was continuous downpour throughout the 7hr of trek. We were completely soaked. I was prepared for some rain, but not for this deluge. I had severe cramps on both legs by the time we reached our hotel. Caught a flight and back to Bangalore on Sunday.

A trip that will remain in my memory for a long long time.

No comments: