Monday, December 12, 2005

Messrs Karma strikes

I had quite an eventful day today, which turned me into a strong believer in Karma.

I started the day at a Workshop at office. I walked out of the workshop in an hour, as my eye was watering continuously. I fixed an appointment with an opthamologist. With sometime left for appointment, I decided to go home. On reaching home, I realized that I forgot the key. Left with no other choice than going back to office. I was waiting to cross the road before my house (on my bike), when someone speeding on a bike rammed into me. He inflicted a single wound on me (leg), which had to be stitched.

Now, what do you call this, if not Karma.

కర్మణ్యె వాది కారస్య
మా ఫలెషు కధాచన
మా కర్మ ఫల హెతుర్ భూర్మ
మతె సంగొస్త్వకర్మిని
The above block is an excerpt from Bhagavad Gita, which means "Your only duty is to work without worrying about the fruit of your work"


2 comments:

SMS - Shanmugavel said...

>>"Your only duty is to work without worrying about the fruit of your work"
Yes, very nice theoretical/spiritual concept - sometimes helps in consoling ourselves during events like these. ;o)

May be a bit out of topic.. But,can you keep on working without getting concerned about what you are working on or what you are getting out of your work? Even our company asks for "Results, not Efforts"

A Proud Vinnakota said...

Thendral,
You should give your best to make things work correctly. If in the end its doesn't work, donot care. If the company thinks you are not performing well, there is something wrong with evaluation process of company.

If you give your best, I am sure 9 out 10 times things will happen as you expect. Ofcourse, it will be a mistake if you donot give your best and things also don't work