Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Cricket Apocalypse

Wondering about the title. No, there is no connection between the two words.

Super Series between ICC World XI and Australia started today. It was a complete let down. World XI wasn't able to chase a paltry target (considering the heavy weights in team) of 256. They lost by some 90-odd runs. Mo was celebrating when Flintoff was out, not that Freddie could have done anything. Oh!! I haven't introduced Mo. He is my team-mate and an ardent Aussie fan. I am looking forward to the day when someone can de-throne the Baggy Greens from their Numero Uno position.

I have almost reached the end of the book, Apocalypse Now, which I am reading. This book is a first for me in many ways. It is the first Robert Ludlum I ever read. It is the first spy thriller I read. I should say I am not impressed by the book. It didn't manage to hold my attention for long spans of time. The plot was predictable at many places. I don't think I will pick a Robert Ludlum again.

No comments: